Since we last posted information regarding 2020 Your Voice Your Choice, we’ve received responses from neighbors who have posted their great ideas on the Map. Below are the submissions we found for East Ballard as of March 7. Take a look, write comments and click on the ‘heart’ icon if you like the idea. Is your idea missing? Then what are you waiting for? Submit by March 18. If you’re having trouble with the interface, contact us at email@example.com and we’ll help.
The map won’t let us provide direct links, so you’ll need to navigate to the map, select the Category (Accessibility, Bicycle, Maintenance, Other, Park Equipment, Paths and Natural Areas, Pedestrian Crossing, Vehicle or Walkway) and either select the idea in the list or click on the dot on the map at the address listed below.
- Bicycle > Idea @ 6TH AVE NW & NW 58TH ST
Extending the 6th Ave NW Greenway, from NW 50th to NW 58th St., connecting with neighborhood schools and the NW 58th St. Greenway. Includes speed humps, speed-limit signage, stop signs at all east-west intersections, and crosswalk upgrades at NW Market St.
- Bicycle > Idea @ 6742 DIVISION AVE NW
Remove bike lane on 8th Ave NW heading south, replace with sharrows. bicyclists are moving too fast to safely use the bike lane without risking getting doored.
- Bicycle > Idea @ 4513 11TH AVE NW
Make signage/road features to stop drivers driving down bike lane
- Bicycle > Idea @ 4300 8TH AVE NW
Redesign the intersection of 8th, Burke Gilman and NW 43rd St
- Maintenance > Idea @ 6TH AVE NW & NW 43RD ST
Prune and shape the beautiful plum trees between Leary Way NW and NW Bright St. on 6th Ave. NW.
- Other > Idea @ 1451 NW 46TH ST
Close off road between Ballard Blocks and PCC/West Marine to vehicle traffic
- Other > Idea @ 1102 NW 57TH ST
traffic circle NW 57th and 11th needed.
- Other > Idea @ 1102 NW 56TH ST
traffic circle NW 56th and 11th needed
- Park Equipment > Idea @ 6102 14TH AVE NW
Off Leash Dog Park extension north of Gemenskap Park.
- Pedestrian Crossing > Idea @ 6500 8TH AVE NW
They should remove or inactivate the pedestrian prompt crosswalk buttons and just imply that people want to cross (at least during peak pedestrian hours) like they do at NW 15th and 65th St.
- Pedestrian Crossing > Idea @ 1103 NW MARKET ST
Pedestrian and Bicycle activated crossing signal at the intersection of 11th Ave NW and Market St.
- Pedestrian Crossing > Idea @ 716 NW 60TH ST
Crosswalk at 8th Ave NW and NW 60th St
- Pedestrian Crossing > Idea @ 602 NW MARKET ST
Bicycle traffic light trigger. Not enough time to cross the intersection and have bicyclists have to jump on sidewalk to push pedestrian crossing button
- Pedestrian Crossing > Idea @ 800 NW 50TH ST
Signalized crossing and/or curb bulbs at NW 50th St and 8th Ave NW
- Pedestrian Crossing > Idea @ 4360 LEARY WAY NW
Pedestrian-only light on the east side of 8th–>Leary doesn’t activate unless button pushed. Request for an automatic pedestrian light.
- Pedestrian Crossing > Idea @ 4300 8TH AVE NW
Stop light on NW 43rd St and 8th Ave NW
- Pedestrian Crossing > Idea @ 599R NW 42ND ST
Reprogram light to be a shorter wait and not require a button to be pushed
- Pedestrian Crossing > Idea @ 4601 LEARY WAY NW
Extremely hazardous intersection for pedestrians and drivers.
- Pedestrian Crossing > Idea @ 1416 NW 46TH ST
Add a pedestrian crosswalk to cross 46th St between 15th Ave NW and 14th Ave NW. Currently pedestrians are crossing from the Ballard Blocks to the PCC shopping center in the middle of the street and across heavy traffic.
- Pedestrian Crossing > Idea @ 1505 NW 60TH ST
Upgrade crossing signal and lights. People have to wait several minutes for the light to change and miss buses (it is a rapid ride stop).
- Pedestrian Crossing > Idea @ 5801 15TH AVE NW
The walk signal is very short to cross 15th Ave NW
- Pedestrian Crossing > Idea @ 5501 15TH AVE NW
This intersection requires me to push a beg button
- Pedestrian Crossing > Idea @ 1446 NW LEARY WAY
Improve pedestrian environment at 15th Ave NW and Leary
- Vehicles > Idea @ 11TH AVE NW & NW 62ND ST
Traffic Circle. Drivers don’t stop for other cars or pedestrians
- Vehicles > Idea @ 5615 15TH AVE NW
Ban left turns from 15th Ave NW onto NW 57th St
- Vehicles > Idea @ 5500 8TH AVE NW
Remove parked cars about 2 blocks north and south of Market St and re-allocate that space to bus lanes.
- Vehicles > Idea @ 4902 6TH AVE NW
Traffic diverter / street park at 6th Ave NW and NW 50th St
- Vehicles > Idea @ 3930 LEARY WAY NW
Stoplight for left hand turns from 3rd Ave NW onto Leary Way
- Walkway > Idea @ 1505 NW 60TH ST
The crosswalk signal is slow and the stop lights are out of date. (Similar to Pedestrian Idea@ 1505 NW 60TH ST)