Although it had rained throughout the week, the sun shone this Saturday as we set out to clean up 14th Ave NW! We had over 25 volunteers who picked up trash and weeded the medians and rain gardens along 14th. Coffee, donated by Woodland Coffee and donuts donated by Top Pot, kept us fueled as we picked up trash from NW 65th all the way to Leary Ave.
Big thank-yous go out to the following volunteers who went the extra mile to support this great event. If you want to be on the volunteer call-out list for next time, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peter for organizing the crew
- Peter for posting flyers and Linda for taking them down after the event
- Linda and Peter who helped load up the car, set up the event, work the event and then break it down. Whew!
- David and Cynthia at Blowing Sands Glass for letting us set up in front of their business
- Loryn and Shelby for coordinating the refreshments
- Linda for washing the work gloves afterward
…and thank-you to Rachel, Giulian, Scarlet, Nola, Estelle, Pam, Roxanne, Susan, Felix, Mary, Erin, John, Casey, Indu, Banu, Ellen, Leon and more who showed up and made a difference by helping us keep the neighborhood looking so nice!
Check out more pics in our Flickr album to see all the fun we had! Thank-you neighbors and we’re looking forward to seeing you again in the fall for our Clean Sweep event!